The Brethren

The Brethren

Monday, July 28, 2014

Baptism, Monkeys and The Tree of Life

Whaaaaaasssuppp!! Family, friends, people in Russia (I found out there are people in Russia viewing my blog), and fellow missionaries!!

First of all, I have to give a shout-out to Sister SYDNEY EVANS who just got her mission call to Lima, Peru!!! It's not Thailand, but Peru has to be just as awesome. I am thankful for her example in heeding to the voice of our Master, for he is calling laborers to work in His vineyard. I'm honestly so excited for the new, exhilarating chapter of life that is ahead of her. Peru is truly blessed to have her as a witness and representative of Jesus Christ.

I'd write an essay or two, but I'll just have the photos explain what's been going on in Chiang-Rai!! Let's start with baptisms!!!!! :D

Baptisms for this week were full of miracles including a father (baptized 2 weeks ago) baptizing his daughter, Brother Thoo, (one of our recent-converts) baptizing for the first time, and Brother Adison (recently came back to the church) baptizing Brother Seitaki!
     
Monkeys maaan. 
       
Much Love
 
     
One of my absolute favorite Recent-Converts (Yes, he uses a magnifying glass to read the scriptures!!) He is sooooooo awesome. 
Dspite his age, he bikes to church every Sunday, fulfills his calling by blessing the sacrament, and is always... always reading the scriptures. 
Brother Nid is a humble man who used to be a close adviser to the current King. He is now retired and lives peacefully in a wooden cabin.
caaaaves maaaan..
     
     
​Matthew 7:14 - Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Found a lost civilization at the end of the cave.
     
AMy adopted parents Sister Daa (above) and Brother Pong (below) in Chiang-Rai. We eat at their house every Saturday

​Branch President and his awesome family
     
So 3 weeks ago, we took this bus that looks like it is about to fall apart, to visit a recent-convert that lives about an hour away. He fed us raw buffalo meat soaked in blood, and pig intestine soup... Which I did eat (sorry Mom)
It was one of those situations where I am aware of the risks (such as parasites), and my companion refused to eat it, but I couldn't refuse his generous offer. I prayed really hard so that I'll be alright. Which I am!! :) 

This is that recent-convert (Brother Nung) who is flipping awesome, and loves to eat raw buffalo meat.

     
​​So with the help of auxiliary leaders, we had this amazing fireside about Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life. Using our 4-story church building (rental space), we set up a course filled with temptations. 
Such as media, food of all sorts, discouragement, misleading voices) We even used a smoke machine to fill up the course with a mist of darkness. (smoke machine was legit. Couldn't see two steps in front of me)  
     
Testimony meeting after the Tree of Life activity


​Soooo A LOT of things happened in the past few weeks! Elder Calderon and I are working super hard... We recognize that the adversary is working so hard as well... It's honestly a trying time right now in my mission, but we're holding through! Heavenly Father doesn't cease to let me know that He truly does love me. This work is what He want me to do, and what I want to do. No one can withhold me from testifying that Jesus is the Christ. He is the Great High Priest, and founder of this Church. It is a privilege to act as an instrument in His Hands. I love Chiang-Rai with all of my heart, and am just so grateful that I can take part in building Zion here. Transfers are coming up next week, and I'm trying not to think about it, but I hope I can stay in Chiang-Rai for another transfer. There's still a lot of work to do.

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Elder Lindsey Takeuchi

No comments:

Post a Comment