The Brethren

The Brethren

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Final Judgement

3/20/14 

Today, I'll be quoting a portion of a talk given by Brother Brad Wilcox, a widely known motivational speaker and Mission Prep teacher at BYU. He shares his experience of how he came to imagine what Judgment Day might look like.

"In the past, I had a picture in my mind of how the final judgment would be like, and it went something like this: 
Jesus standing there with a clipboard and Brad standing on the other side of the room nervously looking at Jesus. 
Jesus checks His clipboard and says, "Oh shoot, Brad. You missed it by two points."
Brad begs Jesus, "Please, check the essay question one more time! There have to be two points you can squeeze out of that essay!" 

That's how I always saw it. But the older I get, and the more I understand this wonder Plan of Redemption, the more I realize that in the final judgement it will not be the unrepentant sinner begging Jesus, 
"Please, let me stay." No, he will probably be saying, "Get me out of here!

Knowing Christ's character, I believe that if anyone is going to be begging on that occasion, it would probably be Jesus begging the unrepentant sinner, 
"Please, choose to stay. Please, use my Atonement - not just to be cleansed but to be changed so that you want to stay."

I testify that God's grace is sufficient. Jesus' grace is sufficient. It is enough. It is all we need. Keep trying. Don't give up.
Don't look for escapes and excuses. Look for the Lord and His perfect strength. Seek, Christ, and feel his amazing grace."


In the Christian world, we become familiar with phrases like, "Have you been saved by grace?"
It is a great question, and for me, the answer is "Of course, and I'm truly.. just grateful for His grace!"

Brother Wilcox shifts this question into.. "Have you been changed by grace?"

It is a amazing talk that shed more light on the topic of grace and Atonement of Christ. Upon reading this talk, I had the opportunity to kneel, and truly thank my Father for the Plan he has prepared us with. My understanding of the Atonement and grace is still shallow, but this talk helped me in great lengths. I invite all of you to read this talk, and study the Atonement and grace. The talk is called "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox given a few years ago.

I love you all! 

-Elder Takeuchi


No comments:

Post a Comment