The Brethren

The Brethren

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Language Progress

3/22/14 - So How's the Thai Coming Along?

So I entered the MTC on February 19, and will be here until April 21st. I just passed the half way line! I'd like to take this opportunity to look back, and share how we've been learning Thai in the MTC.

Day 1 - We learned how to greet people and introduce ourselves. Probably didn't make sense at all and Began using Romanized Thai writing

Week 1 - Mastered how to pray, bear my own testimony, getting to know people. Probably know about eh.. 100 words?

Week 2 - Simple conversation, expressing wants, needs, polite requests, adjectives, who, what, when, where, why... all that good stuff

Week 3 - Introduced to Script (Thai Alphabet) Has 44 consonants, 43 vowels, and 5 tones.. The amount of vowels they have is insane.. Took about ten minutes to read a few sentences.

Week 4 - Able to keep a conversation pretty well I have to say.. Humbly speaking, probably know about 700 words by now.

Week 5 - Reading much smoothly. Mastered the alphabet, but still working on the insane amount of vowels.. I'll explain why the vowels are insane next week! Probably know about hmm.. 800-900 words? (Decided by district)


The teachers here are just soooo awesome! That'll be my blog entries next week. I apologize that they're not so great this week! I hope the photos make it up for the little entries I have!

But, on a good note, my Thai improved the most this week! 

I love you all, Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Takeuchi. 



No comments:

Post a Comment