The Brethren

The Brethren

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"I'm going to be a trainer!"

วันที่ผมอ่อนแอทางจิตใจที่สุดในชีวิต - 1/13/2015

"On the day that I was suffering the most spiritually ever in my life... a young man walked up to me and asked, "Would you like to go to church?"" 

This is how Brother Thee began to bear his testimony at his Baptismal service... He continued..."Looking back now... I would have never thought that I would become a Christian... 
God never really had a part in my life... until I noticed that He actually did. I'm grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ that gave me answers to questions that were never answered before."

I met Brother Thee at Big C (Thailand's version of Wal-Mart) on Friday, the 19th of December. I remember it was a long day as we street contacted for most of the day. I had just moved into Sisaket, and there were no investigators that were preparing themselves to be baptized. He was the only contact I received that day... and was so surprised to see him at church when Sunday rolled around. Through the discussions, Elder Mitchell and I were amazed by his deep interest to learn everything that he can about the Gospel. He was baptized yesterday, by President Gidjaa. 

Update 1/26 - Brother Thee is the man! He is helping our investigators so much in teaching ,and being their best friend. He has already become an indispensable member of the Sisaket Branch!



I'm TRAINING!!!! - 1/22/2015

So... President called this morning... wants Elder Mitchell and I to be in Bangkok first thing in the morning... BECAUSE I'LL BE TRAINING!!! 
I just can't express how long I've been waiting to train! I'm almost about to hit my year mark as a missionary (about 10 months in country), and I wanted to train before my trainer died (finish his mission). Btw, I love my trainer!!

Update 1/26 - My trainee's name is Elder Gawin...  He's full Thai, but he was half-raised in Orem, UT.. so his English is fluent!
The only thing is that... he still hasn't come into country.. He got stuck with his visas... therefore couldn't leave the US... I'll be seeing him TOMORROW!!!



BAPTISM!! - 1/25/2015

Sister Fon was baptized today!! So this is a good time to explain a little bit of how we find people to be baptized... Everyday, we go out to the streets, shopping centers, parks, everywhere that we find people... we go up to everyone, and ask them if they are interested in going to church, being baptized... whatever the Spirit prompts us to say in behalf of Christ Himself... While Elder Mitchell and I were contacting one day, she approached us, to learn about what Christ taught.. She later explained to us that she really wasn't so familiar with Christianity... however, she had a prompting to talk to us, and look at her now.. BAPTIZED!! *Follow the promptings of the Spirit!! :)

She comes from a difficult background, and it sure wasn't an easy task for her to be baptized. However, her testimony in Christ is powerful, and I'm grateful that I was part of her conversion story. There is no greater feeling than to see the change in someone's life through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As President Senior says, "The harvest is His... We have the joy of working for Him." 

I love being a missionary. I love it. I love speaking Thai, eating Thai food, I love the Thai people. I love the branch that I am serving in so much. I've loved every area (only on my third one so far), and it's been going amazing! This is truly God's Army, and I appreciate my families and friends for supporting me :)

Serving a mission is the best. Huge shout out to Ipo!! for he's about to enter the mission field in SAMOA!! Go kill em with Isaiah! 

I love you all, and I am so sorry that I suck at returning letters! Please shew me thy tender mercy by shooting me an email so I can at least email you back :)


Address: 
Elder Takeuchi
Thailand Bangkok Mission 
1645/6 New Phetchburi Road
Makkasan. Ratchathewi
Bangkok 10400












1 comment:


  1. Do you need personal loan? Does your firm,company or industry need financial assistance? Do you need finance to start your business? Do you need finance to expand your business? We give out loan to interested individuals who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us at Email: perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com
    APPLICATION DETAILS
    Your Full Details:
    Full Name:
    Loan Amount Need:
    Loan Duration:
    Phone Number:
    Applied before?
    State:
    Monthly Income:
    Country:
    You are to send this to our Company Email;perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete