The Brethren

The Brethren

Monday, April 6, 2015

The Wave



My heart is full this morning... for those who have watched General Conference.. you know what I'm talking about...


This morning, the Zone Leaders called us around 5am.. informing us that PRESIDENT MONSON ANNOUNCED FOR THAILAND TO HAVE A TEMPLE!!

We were struck... We couldn't help but get on our knees and thank our Father in Heaven for granting us this miracle. Despite how much I love Conference... I remember how devastated I was last conference when President Monson announced that the church won't be announcing plans of building any new Temples until the ones currently in construction are finished. Dang, I love continued revelation!! :) For my awesome non-LDS friends, I added some links that'll explain what I'm talking about...

So this morning.. I had some time to review my last year as a representative of Christ... All the contacting, teaching, testifying...all the efforts... it all was worth it. Visiting less-actives with members, conducting Family History firesides, speaking in front of schools and congregations, being rejected when inviting off the streets, testifying to those who are withering in faith, praying for more faith, searching for deeper understanding, pleading for miracles...All of it... it was all worth it. The prayers of the faithful members were answered. There are so many names of the passed that are just waiting... waiting for their Thai descendants to take their names to the Holy Temple of God. 

This is just purely amazing...

Without a doubt, this past year was the hardest year of my life. But I can also say that it was the most rewarding and faith-building year of my life. I love being a missionary. I know Christ lives... I am a witness, and I cannot deny of it. His work is pressing forward like a giant wave. It's powerful, and it's got the momentum. With the new announcement of the Temple, it will only get bigger and stronger. I am so grateful to be here. Our Mission President, Pres. Senior talked about this era being the new era! Never has missionary work been carried out in such a pace as it is right now. I think about the people that I've taught... who are preparing themselves to serve missions. They're the light of Thailand. 

There's so much more to do now that we'll be having a Temple in the next 2 or 3 years. There are seriously so much more to do now. I absolutely love it.

Love you all

Elder Takeuchi


What are Temples?

What is Continued Revelation?

Glorious moment of the Announcement!! (2:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment